Monday, January 31, 2011

Tofu Buffalo Wraps

My fiance loves buffalo chicken wings, and unfortunately for me...I love the smell of it! Every time he eats them my mouth waters. A couple weeks ago he brought home some buffalo sauce and suggested I cook something vegetarian with it. So, I went to the market and picked out some things to cook up! I'm pleased to say that my first "made up" meal wasn't a disaster...in fact, it was really good! The tofu soaks up the buffalo sauce and the beans and compliment the spicy-ness well. If you don't like spicy, you can substitute for bbq sauce. And if you're not a vegetarian, feel free to use chicken instead of tofu!












Ingredients :
Tofu - extra firm, diced
1 red onion - cut into quarters and then in half
1 tsp dried basil
Salt
Pepper
2 garlic cloves
Romaine lettuce hearts
1/2 - 1 cup buffalo hot sauce
1 can black beans - rinsed and drained
Shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions :
Combine onion, garlic, salt, and pepper into frying pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions soften.
Add tofu and basil. Cook on medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes. Add buffalo sauce and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
Separate romaine lettuce hearts. Place a spoonful of black beans at bottom, followed by buffalo tofu mix.
While still hot, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top of tofu. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment